- One of my main goals is to guide my students to develops a strong English foundation which will help them become fluent, natural English communicators.
- This will help them become successful in many fields and help them make new friends from around the world.
Hello, I am Elizabeth Ocasio and live in beautiful Orlando, Florida-home of Disney World and Universal Studios.
My educational background includes a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and am presently a class away from my Master’s in Childhood & Adolescent Development. I also hold a Level 5 TESOL Certificate.
In addition to being a native English speaker, I fluently speak Spanish and am learning Italian.
My teaching experience includes seven years of classroom teaching as well as more than four years of teaching ESL on-line with VIPKID.
In the more than four years working for VIPKID, my experiences included developing the reading, reading and writing skills of over 3,000 students in over 12,500 classes with over 2,500 excellent parent reviews.
In addition to teaching major classes at VIPKID, I was certified to teach 18 supplementary classes. For example, beginner & advanced grammar, reading writing, speech, speaking classes, Free Talk etc.
One of my greatest teaching joy is engaging my students in conversation. If you are familiar with my teaching approach, you know conversation is a BIG part of my lessons. After all, we learn a language to be able to communicate with others.
Therefore, an important aspect of my lessons is to help students become confident English speakers as such open conversations will always be an essential part of our lessons.
Another important aspect of my teaching, which parents have complimented me on, is timely pronunciation correction.
Rather than a standard one-fits-all curriculum, my lessons will be custom designed for each student depending on their English level as well as areas parents may want to develop further.
All available curriculums have been carefully selected to ascertain they meet the American Common Core State Standards for English.
Having different curriculums at your disposal will provide your child with a rich array of materials which will enhance different aspects of English learning. For example,. Higher level learners can learn to develop a five-paragraph essay or lower- level students can strengthen their phonetic skills.
- Raz Kids Plus includes a student app with over 400 e-books, on-line running records lets teachers digitally assess each student.
- Wonder Curriculum is a literacy curriculum
- Cambridge English for grammar
- National Geographic for advanced readers
- Hooked on Phonics for beginner readers
- Teachers Together, a curriculum designed & created by a group of VIPKID Teachers
- I will also use the site “Off2Class” to initially assess students and for a variety of their available curriculums
- Classes will be conducted through Zoom
- If a student needs to cancel, please do so as soon as possible and we will reschedule the class.
- One Student-No Show is allowed per package without penalty.
- If at any point a student cannot continue with classes, a full refund of the classes not used in their package will be refunded.
- Students will receive one free 60-minute class for every referral that purchases a package.